Monday, October 27, 2008

little brother makes me proud

here is a paragraph my little brother who is on a mish in Africa (I still can't believe he is in Africa!?!) wrote in a letter he had to send to his district. my mom forces me to retype different paragraphs from his weekly emails so they can be put in the monthly newsletter. while i do love my brother, he has major troubles with grammar and spelling so taking the time to edit his stuff is very time consuming. it is a great experience to be able to re read his testimony over and over and over. i sure do love and miss him in my life.

"You now know the main reason why we baptize people. It’s more than just increasing the membership of our church. It is the way that people will get the greatest of all gifts, eternal life. As you learn to love the people you will find out that you are not baptizing the people just to show that you baptized a lot of people, but that you love them and that you want them to have eternal life. When you find this love your mission will turn around. Brethren I know that we have the true gospel here on the earth. Our Heavenly Father loves us that is why he called a prophet here on the earth to restore his church. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet, that restored the eternal gospel on the earth, and that he restored the power to baptize people and give them the Holy Ghost. Brethren I love you all and for all that you have done. I leave these words in the sacred name of Jesus Christ amen."

4 comments:

Kendall said...

i was also proud of him throughout that whole letter. i can't wait until he comes home!

Nick & Danielle said...

So oh my heck!! I think a friend of Nick knows your brother from his mission!! He asked me if you had a brother serving in Africa and I didn't think you did...but you do!! Wow! Small world!

crawford said...

that's awesome. go andy!

Kipp and Ashlee said...

Yes, come visit me and my fish at my desk. Maybe we could set up a play date for our fish? You'll have to ask your to not eat mine, though. That's just rude.